Skip to main content

#Religion: Jalal al-Din Rumi, by far the most prestigious sufi in Islam’s entire history, explained this concept as such:


Remember the famous utterance of al-Hallaj, “I am God.” People think that to say “I am God” is a claim of great pretense and spiritual arrogance. It is actually a claim of extreme humility. “I am God” means “I do not exist.” He is all, everything is He, existence is God’s alone. I am without existence, pure non-existence. I am nothing.” “I am God” is not a claim of great pretension, it is a claim of extreme humility. There is more humility in this than any supposed claim to greatness, but people do not understand the inner meaning. When a man acknowledges his servitude to God, he is aware of his being a servant. He may see himself as a devoted servant of God, but he still sees himself and his own actions as apart from the one reality of God. He is not drowned in the Ocean of Divine Unity. Drowned is he in whom there is not separate motion or mobility. Drowned is he whose movement is the movement of the water. And so it is with the enlightenment ones, those who declares, “I am God.” Anyone who says “I am the servant of God” asserts the reality of two existences, one for himself and the other for God. But he who says “I am God” — and has realized the deepest levels of unity within his being — has seen through the illusion of his existence. He knows from the experience of unity that his own separate existence is nothing but an illusion. Knowing that, he casts its former selfhood upon the winds of oblivion. (Rumi, Hearts bear witness one to another, in The Complete Discourses of Jalal al-Din Rumi, discourse 11, p. 75, ed. Louis Rogers)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#Healthwire: Castor oil.

 Another possible solution to your wart problem is to rub castor oil on the wart. The oil can help moisturize the skin until the wart breaks apart and disappears.

#Religion: Muslim Antisemitism: Hate Speech

Amid these riots, three other "explosions" took place. Mehdi Meklat and Badroudine Said Abdallah affair .  Mehdi Meklat and Badroudine Said Abdallah were until very recently, two cultural heroes. These two young Muslims were the darlings of the left mainstream media. [1] In March 2016, they even  had the honor of an article in T he Washington Post : "At 23, they are already celebrities, France's youngest public intellectuals.... neither sees the point of a university education, and their world begins where Paris ends, which is the point of their entire intellectual project. "Their columns for the Liberation newspaper's Bondy Blog, their documentaries and their 2015 novel all reveal the two friends' overarching intent: showing the world the complicated reality of the Paris suburbs where they were born and raised."   But in mid-February 2017, an unknown woman decided to share on Facebook some of Mehdi Meklat's tweets: "I am goi...

#Healthwire: If your child has had a near drowning, or perhaps swallowed too much water, keep a close eye out for the symptoms of secondary drowning and take them to the hospital immediately.

 Symptoms can even take between one and 72 hours to appear. Here’s what to look for: Excess fatigue after bathing Shortness of breath after bathing Irritability or mood swings, for no apparent reason